Oakland & Co we appreciate that the fundamental and often the most important asset of most businesses is their personnel.
Effective management of human resources and compliance with increasingly complex and burdensome employment regulation
has become one of the most vital aspects of growing and maintaining a successful enterprise.
significant resources on attracting, incentivising, keeping and rewarding the right personnel, and the importance of correct
and practical advice as to how to manage a workforce within such a regulated and onerous environment cannot be overstated.
We are experienced in acting for businesses of all sizes ranging from owner managed businesses to multinational corporations.
We work closely with our clients to provide the best advice and practical solutions. Our expertise includes:
- Drafting standard and bespoke documentation, variation of employment
contracts, service agreements and policy documentation for individual employees
- Hiring, rewarding and terminating contracts of senior executive
- Employee benefits and share schemes
- Termination of employment
- Settlement Agreements
- Post termination restrictions
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Employment tribunal claims – unfair dismissal; race, sex and disability discrimination claims;
whistleblowing claims, religious belief, sexual orientation and age discrimination
- Business transfers and TUPE
Time Regulations, maternity and paternity
temps and agency workers
Very often our
advice to businesses relates to how dismissals should be effected in order to minimise the chances of a claim against the
employer succeeding. It is our experience that as a firm acting for both employers and employees we see ‘both sides
of the fence’ and are therefore better able to appreciate how cases should be fought or settled.